Miss Mayberry Pie,The Milian & Noodles!







Monday, July 26, 2010

Holiday Road!
(as Aunt Lisa would say!)

My brother Pete & his lovely wife Lisa came for a visit (too short) this week. They arrived mid-afternoon Monday & were back on the plane at 6:45am Friday morning. It was way too short of a visit & we only wished they could have stayed longer. The last time we saw them was Thanksgiving 2008. It was a well deserved, about time visit!

Pete is the whole reason we have Boo. Pete & Lisa had a mastiff named Tia for 12 years. I fell in love with Tia & then Matt fell in love with Tia & then....well the rest is history.

After Uncle Pete & Aunt Lisa left we were talking about how poor Boo is going to miss them more then anyone! She was getting chicken from their plates (busted), good ear rubs & more scratches then she has had in years. Sorry Booyah, but your sister needs a lot of attention right now!! :)

Uncle Pete with Booyah
A flight to Seattle, means a drive to the market. I don't think a trip is complete without it.
The Milian's first trip to Pike Place...he LOVED it!
All smiles! :)

The fam damily!
I had a random Grandpa come up to me & tell me I make beautiful kids! How awesome is that??!!
Wonder if he wants to babysit anytime soon??!! :)


While at the Market, Aunt Lisa found some English Bangers (sausage) & she had to have them.  The next night she made an amazing English dinner for us, complete with Yorkshire pudding. Yumm yumm yumm! (yes, she is from England, accent & all!) We were all happy she had to have them.


They got to watch the Pie play some soccer/football while they were here! Aunt Lisa is so proud of our All Star!!



On Wednesday we headed out to Grandpa's house for a visit & to bring Grandma some flowers.
We stopped by a little stand at Carnation Farms & they had Mommas favorite flowers...sweet peas! It was perfect!!


It's funny, (kinda) that I have been wanting to burn my Dad's burn pile for over 2 years now & he would not let me. I heard it all from...the weather is too nice...don't want to smoke up the blue sky...it's too wet...it won't burn right now...I heard it all. Well, Pete literally gets out of the car...Dad comes out...Pete asks for a match...he gets him one...and POOF...the burn pile is gone!! Really??!! Really??!! All in like 2 minutes... I tried for over 2 years! Nice work Uncle Pete! (whatever Grandpa ) :)

Uncle Pete likes Max's style!



It was a WONDERFUL visit & it went by all too fast. My only wish when they were here was for them to stay longer. It was so nice to have them here. Please don't make it another 2 years before you come back...the burn pile will need to go before then!! :)



Tuesday night the Atkinson's came for a BBQ & once again we (I) ate too much food.  My rule is...if one person is on "Holiday" we eat like we all are! (no wonder I can't loose my baby weight!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

>
<$BlogItemCommentCount$> comments