Miss Mayberry Pie,The Milian & Noodles!







Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Remembering Grandma

Today we celebrated my Mom.
 I never really quite know what to do on this day, but every year since I find myself doing the same thing.
Eating either cupcakes or donuts and bringing my Mom flowers and balloons.
This year though, I made a very conscious decision to celebrate my Mom and who she was to me.
I wanted to remember her from when I was a kid and our happy, healthy times together.
So, I did.
With a lot of help from my friends, my brothers, my Dad and of course Matt, Mayson and Max, I made it through a tough day. I enjoyed the sun in the morning, I smiled, I cried and I hugged my kids tighter then I ever had and I ended the day just the way my Mom would have wanted me to...happy.


Me and Mayson loaded up the car with all of Grandma's new "pretties" for her tree.
We then hit Safeway for a special donut treat (extra chocolate for May and a maple bar for me),
we got some pretty tulips, daffodils and 4 balloons.

May was in charge of the decorating.



May, Max and myself all said a little something special to Grandma and kissed our balloons...

and let them go all together.



We watched them until we couldn't see them.
May always tells her balloon to say hi to Grandma and tell her we love her.
We LOVE you Grandma and MISS you more each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>
<$BlogItemCommentCount$> comments