Miss Mayberry Pie,The Milian & Noodles!







Sunday, September 26, 2010

3Day Breast Cancer Walk

This weekend was the 3Day Breast Cancer Walk.
Amy & I walked it last year when I was 5 months pregnant with baby Hoss.
It was hands down the hardest thing I have ever done. We both thought that walking 20 miles a day for 3 days would not be a big deal...I mean it's just walking...why train?!
YES...we are nuts & we learned that.

I promised myself & my Mom at last years closing ceremony that I will go out to the 2010
3Day walk & support all the walkers. I knew I would not be mentally or physically ready to try to walk again this year. I also knew I would have no excuse on why I could not go down to support 2,350 people walking to make my future & my daughters better.

So, Sunday morning I grabbed my girl, put on her rain gear, made some signs & got some balloons & headed out to say Thank You!



We joined some crew members at the last corner of the walk & thanked the walkers as they made their final turn to the finish. May & I cheered them on for about 3 hours.



When May got a little too comfy at our 1st stop (started taking off her clothes), we relocated to the down hill stretch. It was pretty emotional for the walkers to get to this point. 9 out of 10 were crying...and we all know how I am with people crying. So, we only stayed there for about 5 minutes.

We decided to take a little break & collect ourselves, so we went to see the Space Needle.
This is as close as we got and as you can see little Miss is thrilled that we didn't go up on top. Ha!

Lucky for me the water fountain turned on & she liked me again!




There was a team walking called The Cupcakes (or something to that effect), so everyone thought we were with them...May was asked about 20x (no lie) if they could take her picture. You know what she said??
 Yep...she said "No!"
Even the main photographer of the 3Day came up & wanted her picture. The lady was all decked out in her gear, big camera, gonna make it big time if you just smile.....nope...not even a dipped cone from Dairy Queen worked...oh well she is just not made for print!

My original plan was to just go & cheer them in, but once they were in we had to see the ceremony.

Here they come...








As you can see, we were not the only ones there to support them.
It was a great day with my bf & the promise was made that we will be back next year to say "Thank You" again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>
<$BlogItemCommentCount$> comments